Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ropes of Grace and a Broken Roof

Last Friday I got to be part of an art event where I got to showcase two drawings.  The event was called The Art of Hope: (Searching for) Beauty in the Broken and was held at my church.  Besides visual art, there was poetry, musical performances, but most importantly--lots of mingling and answering questions about my art.  It was good practice for me to put aside being self-conscious.  The healthy struggle of creating drawings towards a theme as well as writing the text to go with them were a great experience and opportunity. 

Have you stared long enough at the picture to figure out what it is? I should say, who you are? The drawing is based on the story of the paralyzed man, which can be found in Mark 2:1-12.  He is being lowered through a hole in the roof by his four friends so he can be healed by Jesus.


No comments: