Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Strange Lands

Among other things, I have been keeping myself busy with tax returns and spending too little time drawing.  While that is the main reason I'm going to cheat and post an old drawing, doing taxes also reminded me again of what a strange country this is sometimes.  Stranger is a drawing I did a few years ago after setting foot in the U.S. 

A graphic novelist who depicts this idea of arriving in a foreign country marvelously is Shaun Tan in his book The Arrival. A real treasure worth looking up at the library! 

2 comments:

bashful said...

time to get you guys professional tax preparer's help so you can spend more time drawing.

Terri said...

Hi Lingwei ... you should have called me! I would have helped you. I love your artwork! It is so cheerful. Have a great summer!